This honey garlic shrimp is an extremely popular recipe on our blog because it’s not only delicious, it’s a super quick and easy dinner recipe. Ready in 20 minutes, this healthy entree will definitely be a much appreciated add to your regular dinner rotation. Serve with brown rice and vegetables, grill on skewers, or serve over salad.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Course: Main Course
Calories: 241 kcal
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steam broccoli and microwave some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggie side fixins!